The Company mission is:
- The management of the drinking water supply to households, as well as the discovery and extraction of groundwater, including the catchment of surface water - once conceded the pertinent licenses or concessions; the treatment and purification and distribution of water - whatever it's origin - for both human consumption and irrigation or other uses. The maintenance, replacement, improvement and amplification of the networks and other existing infrastructures; the management of water consumption and distribution; the supply, installation and maintenance of meters; the establishment of consumption and the billing and tariffs for the services provided and, in general, any additional activity deriving from the above.
- The management of the sewage system understood as collecting the waste and rain water present within the town limits and transporting it to the treatment centres and/or back to nature; the maintenance, replacement, improvement and amplification of the networks, scuppers, manholes, pump stations and other existing infrastructures; the billing and tariffs for the services provided and, in general, any additional activity deriving from the above.
- Carrying out any studies and works, whether technical, economical, legal or administrative, required by the services and the activities described in the sections above, especially Technical Studies and Projects and studies on costs and tariffs.
- Executing and/or directing any works required to maintain, replace, improve or amplify:
1) Distribution networks, deposits and other infrastructures for the supply of drinking water.
2) The conditions for the collection and evacuation of waste and rain water, scuppers, manholes, pumping stations and any infrastructure related to the sewage service.
3) The general sewage network, pipelines and waste water treatment and purification plants.
The Company may execute the above activities included in its mission statement indirectly by setting up other companies, or by participating in other existing companies, subscribing or, in another way, acquire and dispose of stocks and shares. The joint company will be the collaborating entity with the Council for managing executor payments.
The Company and its main direct company Servicios Hídricos Continentales, S.A. form a part of the Group whose main company is Empresa General Valenciana de Agua, S.A. The registered offices of Servicios Hídricos Continentales, S.A. and Empresa General Valenciana de Agua, S.A. are in Santa Amalia 2, entlo 2K, the latter company being responsible for preparing the consolidated annual accounts. The consolidated annual accounts for the Grupo Empresa General Valenciana de Agua for the tax year 2013 were approved by the Annual General Meeting of Empresa General Valenciana de Agua, S,A. held on 26th June 2014 and filed with the Valencia Trade Registry.